Matthews Eastmoore is an AV-rated, civil litigation law firm located in Sarasota, Florida with nine attorneys and 11 staff members.
The Firm Administrator manages the financial functions and administrative operations of the firm reporting to the managing partner. The administrator will meet with the managing partner and the shareholders on a regular basis.In addition, the legal administrator helps identify and plan for the changing needs of the organization, is responsible for strategic planning, practice management and marketing, and contributes to cost-effective management throughout the firm.
General ledger accounting, billing, accounts payable, cash flow control, banking relationships, tax planning, tax reporting, trust accounting, payroll, business insurance, 401(k) plan and other financial management functions. Familiarity with STI programs, PracticeMaster and Tabs or similar law firm accounting software a plus.
Human Resource Management:
Staff recruiting, attorney recruiting support, orientation and training, salary administration, employee relations, benefits administration, personnel data information, coordinate social events and other human resource management functions for the attorneys and staff.
Works closely with the outside IT company to support daily technical operation, design and analyze computer systems, evaluate software applications and implementation, records management, office automation, information storage and retrieval, telecommunications, office equipment purchase/leasing and other related legal practice systems.
Plan and participate in client development events, creation of advertising materials and merchandise, website design and maintenance and other planned projects to enhance the firm’s visibility and image.
- Excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex issues and problems as well as develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong financial background
Desired Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, management or another related discipline, or equivalent practice experience
- Minimum of five years of previous management experience in a law firm or other professional services organization
- Strong financial, project and management background.
This is an exempt position offering market-competitive compensation and a generous benefit package. The current administrator will be available for transition and training.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Kelley Nathan via email at Knathan@MatthewsEastmoore.com.