- J.D. University of Florida Levin College of Law 1989 with honors
- B.A. University of Florida 1985
- Catholic University of America
- All Florida Court 1989
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Eleventh Circuit 1998
Honors & Awards
- Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Business Litigation
- AV Preeminent Rating Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Business Litigation 2017-2019
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation 2015-2019
- America’s Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators® for 2019
Memberships & Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Twelfth Circuit Grievance Committee “A,” 2010-2013, including Chair
- Twelfth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, 1995-1999
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 1996-2002
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Director 2007-2010
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Past President
Recent From The Blog
The Sarasota Bar Association’s Council for Diversity and Inclusion held a tour of the Embracing Our Differences Art Exhibit. Since 2004, Embracing Our Differences has used the power of art and prose to promote diversity.
Matthews Eastmoore was recently named a 2019 “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & Best Lawyers. The firm is regionally ranked in 5 practice areas.
The writer, who has 350 million books published and counting, was the speaker for the annual luncheon, where David Bavar earned the right to be written into a future Patterson novel with his $30,000 gift to the foundation–the highest donation of the day.