Art began his legal career by serving as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Wm. Terrell Hodges, United States District Judge, in Tampa, Florida. Since returning to his hometown of Sarasota in 1989, Art has become a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases including personal injury, professional malpractice, employment litigation, and estate litigation. Art has also been privileged to serve as General Counsel to the School Board of Sarasota County for the past 19 years. During that time, Art has advised the School Board on many complex legal issues including those related to school finance, labor relations, and litigation.
- J.D. University of Florida 1987 with high honors
- B.A. Washington University 1984
- All Florida Court 1987
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit 1990
Honors & Awards
- Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- Twice nominated by the Judicial Nominating Commission for a judgeship on the Second District Court of Appeal
- AV Preeminent Rating Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Schools & Education Law 2012-2019
- Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court Professionalism Award 2010
- Order of the Coif
Memberships & Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Past President
- Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court, Past President
- Florida School Board Attorneys Association, Director
- Special Counsel to Senator Bob Graham, Washington, D.C., 1999
- Housing Authority of the City of Sarasota, Past Member
- Leadership Sarasota, Past Chairman
- Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium Advisory Council, Past Member
Recent From The Blog
Attorney Warren Chin and wife Natasha recently sworn in as board members for the SCBA Young Lawyers Division
Attorney Warren Chin, along with his wife Natasha (right), were recently sworn in as board members for the Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. They are pictured with Judge Hunter Caroll and Nancy Cason, the Immediate Past President of the Sarasota...
The Sarasota Bar Association’s Council for Diversity and Inclusion held a tour of the Embracing Our Differences Art Exhibit. Since 2004, Embracing Our Differences has used the power of art and prose to promote diversity.
Matthews Eastmoore was recently named a 2019 “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & Best Lawyers. The firm is regionally ranked in 5 practice areas.